Sunday, January 9, 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

Today's Verse: My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God's sight. (James 1:19-20)

Today's Prayer School: Bennett High School in Salisbury, MD

Amazing Fact: Teenagers whose ring finger is longer than their index finger are likely to score higher on the math section of the SAT, while those whose index finger is longer will do better on the reading and writing sections. (Source: The University of Bath in Great Britain)

Scriptural Pursuit: How many stones did David gather from the brook before his attack on Goliath? 5 (I Samuel 17:40)

THE 23RD POUND

My appetite is my shepherd;
I always want.
It maketh me sit down and stuff myself.
It leadeth me to my refrigerator repeatedly.
It leadeth me in the path of Burger King for a Whopper.
It destroyeth my shape.
Yea, though I knoweth I gaineth,
I will not stop eating
For the food tasteth so good.
The ice cream and the cookies, they comfort me.
When the table is spread before me, it exciteth me
For I knoweth that I sooneth shall dig in.
As I filleth my plate continuously,
My clothes runneth smaller.
Surely bulges and pudgies shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall be "pleasingly plump" forever.

No comments: