Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Verse of the Day: The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. (Jeremiah 31:3)

Amazing Fact: George Washington had one of the longest overdue library books...221 years.

Scriptural Pursuit: What is like apples of gold in pictures of silver? A word fitly spoken (Proverbs 25:11)

To learn more about the Samaritan Shelter in Pocomoke and their "Be the Samaritan 2012" event coming up March 3rd and 4th at Pocomoke High School you can call 410-957-4310 or 410-957-3200.





Reflections



On this Lenten morning I sit down to reflect


And search my heart for its true aspect.



I think about my Savior preparing to die


40 days of temptation endured for me, why?



His love ever flowing, His love undeserved,


Yet my heart sometimes struggles for His Word to be heard.



So in these weeks of reflection that we call Lent,


I want to draw closer to God’s Son who he sent.



Because nothing is more important than living today

Reflecting Christ’s love in my own special way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing!